Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Happy Birthay Westin!!!!


Wow I cant even begin to wrap my head around where the past 3 years has gone.  Three years ago today was the most nerve wracking day of my life.  Having your newborn baby brought into spine surgery at 3 hours old was the worst feeling... almost as bad as the day we found out that he would have Spina Bifida.  I have come a long way in 3 years.  I have leaned to accept things as they are.  All I can do is continue to get him the best care out there and continue with the therapy that he needs.  No one said this journey would be easy.. but worth it? ABSOLUTELY! 




We have dropped down on speech therapy to every other week.  Therapy feels like he is tongue and lip tied, which irritates me to no end.  Why wasn't this checked when he had his tonsils and adenoids removed?? ANNOYING! so next week we have an appointment with another ENT to see if she thinks its causing some of his feeding issues.  At this point I don't know, but wouldn't be surprised if she told me he was because tongue tie does run in our family.

Other then that minor hiccup in the road things have been pretty uneventful.  Just the normal things going on with PT still 1x/week and early intervention ended today which makes us sad.  We looked forward to our weekly visits and when you have seen someone every week for 3 years it will be really weird next week when she doesn't show up!

Westin is learning so many new things.  Its so fun and rewarding to watch him as he changes and grows.  His little mind is always going.  He is always one step ahead.

What a blessing he has been to our family.  I wouldn't change anything for the world.  Happy Birthday little one!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I can't believe how so big he looks! Happy, happy birthday, Westin. Leah sends her love.